Walter Christy Named the 2018 Labor and Employment “Lawyer of the Year” in New Orleans
HOUSTON – Aug. 15, 2017 – Coats Rose, P.C., a business transaction and litigation law firm, is pleased to announce that 14 attorneys have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2018 The Best Lawyers in America© list published by Woodward White Inc. In addition, director Walter Christy has been named Best Lawyers‘® 2018 Labor and Employment “Lawyer of the Year” in New Orleans.
The guide honored firm lawyers in Houston, Austin, New Orleans, San Antonio and Cincinnati in 17 areas of practice, including real estate law, construction law, construction litigation, public finance law, commercial litigation, government relations, labor and employment law, employee benefits (ERISA) law, tax law, environmental litigation, and product liability litigation.
- John M. Joseph** – Government Relations Practice
- Ronald A. Bell – Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Tax Law
- Alysse Hollis – Public Finance Law
- John Weld Peck** – Public Finance Law
- John G. Cannon* – Real Estate Law
- Barry J. Palmer* – Real Estate Law
- Barry S. Rabon** – Construction Law
- Richard L. Rose* – Real Estate Law
- Chris E. Ryman* – Construction Law, Litigation-Construction
- Walter W. Christy – Employment Law-Management, Labor Law-Management, Litigation-Labor and Employment
- Clyde H. Jacob III** – Employment Law-Management, Labor Law-Management, Litigation-Labor and Employment
- Kelton Longwell** – Real Estate Law
- Elizabeth Haecker Ryan* – Litigation-Environmental, Product Liability Litigation-Defendants, Professional Malpractice Law-Defendants
- Richard L. Reed* – Construction Law
*Listed in Best Lawyers in America© for five years or more
**Listed in Best Lawyers in America© for ten years or more
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Because Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which almost 50,000 leading attorneys cast nearly five million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel Magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
About Coats Rose, P.C.
Coats Rose is a business transaction and litigation law firm based in Houston with a team of more than 90 attorneys who bring value to clients and perform legal work at the highest standards. For over 30 years, the firm has leveraged its vast legal experience to fulfill clients’ needs in numerous transactions and controversies, spanning construction/surety law, real estate law, affordable housing and community development, public finance, bankruptcy and business reorganization, commercial litigation, corporate and securities, insurance law, intellectual property, government relations, labor and employment law, mergers and acquisitions, tax, wealth planning and preservation, and health care. In addition to its headquarters in Houston, Coats Rose has offices in Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, New Orleans and Cincinnati. Learn more at www.coatsrose.com.