Jamie is a Director in the Dallas office, and has focused his practice in the areas of domestic and international estate planning (wealth transfer), tax planning, estate and trust administration, and wealth preservation planning.
Jamie represents individual clients with respect to the design and implementation of their wealth transfer planning. From simple wills to comprehensive sophisticated estate plans, Jamie is focused on ensuring each client’s wishes and needs are addressed in an attentive manner. Some of the techniques used in Jamie’s wealth transfer practice include family limited partnerships, charitable trusts, private foundations, grantor retained annuity trusts, gifts and sales to defective grantor trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, and qualified personal residence trusts. In addition to planning, Jamie’s practice also includes the probate and administration of estates and trusts all sizes.
Jamie also counsels individuals (domestic and foreign), business entities, and tax-exempt organizations on a variety of issues, including (i) entity selection and formation, (ii) transactional tax planning involving taxable and non-taxable dispositions, acquisitions, mergers, split-offs, spin-offs and recapitalizations; (iii) business succession planning and family wealth transitions; and (iv) employee benefits.
- Texas, 2008
- Tax LL.M., 2012, Southern Methodist University School of Law
- J.D., 2008, St. Mary’s University School of Law
- B.A. History, 2005, University of Kansas
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Dallas Estate Planning Council
- State Bar of Texas (Tax Section)
- American Bar Association (Tax Section)
- Dallas Bar Association (Tax Section and Probate Trusts & Estates Section)