Mark Wigder focuses his practice on the representation of public corporations and private companies in public and private financings, securities and corporate compliance matters, and mergers and acquisition transactions, representation of broker-dealers, investment advisers, hedge funds and other private investment funds, and antitrust matters.
- Advises public and private corporations with respect to public and private financing, including private placements, Crowdfunding, and Regulation A+ offering.
- Counsels clients with respect to general corporate and business matters
- Advises private companies with respect to going public through alternative public offerings, such as reverse mergers with public companies
- Advises public companies with respect to “going private” transactions
- Advises public companies with respect to securities aspects of employee benefit plans
- Advises public companies and their boards and committees with respect to corporate governance and fiduciary duty issues, including consideration of defensive measures such as poison pills and responses to hostile tender offers and proxy contests
- Advises public companies with respect to insider trading issues (including preparation of insider trading policies) and disclosure issues under SEC disclosure requirements, including consideration of timing, content, and dissemination of unscheduled corporate disclosures and dealings with securities analysts, as well as review and preparation of press releases, SEC reports, proxy statements, and reports to stockholders
- Advises insiders of public companies with respect to corporate and securities law matters
- Structuring, negotiating, and documenting acquisitions, mergers, sales, recapitalizations, proxy contests, and tender offers and advising with respect to related SEC issues
- Advises investment bankers, brokers, and investment advisers, with respect to corporate, transactional and securities issues
- Advises business development companies and investment companies, including hedge funds and other private investment funds in connection with their formation, offerings and securities compliance matters.
- Advises companies on various antitrust issues with respect to their ongoing business
- Advises parties to mergers, acquisitions, and other strategic alliances that raise antitrust issues from a substantive antitrust perspective and/or a Hart-Scott-Rodino perspective
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, State Bar of Texas, Securities Law Section of Business Law Section, Antitrust and Business Litigation Section
- Member, Dallas Bar Association, Securities Law Section, Antitrust and Trade Regulation Section
- Instructor, Southwestern Legal Foundation Programs, PLI Programs, and UT Law School Annual Conferences on Securities Regulation and Business Problems
- United States Navy Judge Advocate General Corps (1972-1975)
- AV Preeminent® rated (the highest possible Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating designation)
- Named to the Texas Super Lawyers list in 2003 and 2004 by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters business) as published in Texas Monthly magazine (2003-2004)
- Named to Marquis’ Who’s Who in American Law (1994-1995)