Matt is an Associate in the Construction/Surety, Insurance Law and Litigation Sections of Coats Rose, who has experience in all aspects of construction law, as well as general commercial litigation. He has represented public owners, general contractors, and subcontractors in a variety of disputes ranging from fiduciary litigation to disputes with insurance carriers.
Matt also assisted Rick Reed, the Director in charge of the Firm’s San Antonio, Texas office, with his Construction Law class for the Construction Management Degree Program at The University of Texas at San Antonio, College of Architecture.
Matt’s work is concentrated primarily in construction and related litigation matters.
- University of Texas (B.A., 2005)
- South Texas College of Law (J.D., 2008)
- 2009, Texas
- U.S. District Court for Western District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas (Construction Law, Insurance Law, and Litigation Sections)
- State Bar of Texas (Insurance Law Section)
- Texas Exes Association (Houston Chapter)
- San Antonio Bar Association (Construction Law Section)
- San Antonio Economic Development Foundation
- Associated General Contractors (San Antonio Chapter, Construction Leadership Forum)
- “Texas Mechanics Liens and Bond Claims” presented to University of Texas at San Antonio School of Architecture, November 2014.
- “E Discovery and Document Retention Policies” presented at the Coats Rose 2012 Lunch and Learn Series.
- “CGL Coverage Issues” presented at Coats Rose 2013 Lunch and Learn Series.
- “Introduction to Construction Law” presented at AGC’s BASICS series for small, women, and minority-owned construction firms.