Rae Ann is Of Counsel in the Alternative Dispute Resolution, Land Use and Real Estate, Corporate and Business Law and Wealth Preservation/Wealth Transfer Planning practices groups in the Austin office and is regularly in the preparation of loan documents.
Rae Ann enjoys working with a diverse group of clients on a variety of projects – from multi-state/multi-million dollar commercial real estate deals to small office complex purchases; industrial leases to mixed-use rentals, and complex business succession planning to individual estate plans. She is a credentialed mediator and has successfully mediated civil cases involving real estate, construction, property tax, probate and deceptive trade practice issues.
Rae Ann’s experience includes the representation of buyers, sellers, owners/developers, landlords, tenants, and lenders in commercial real estate transactions; contract review, negotiation and drafting; business entity structuring, private offerings, business purchases and sales; business succession and exiting strategies; estate planning, family business succession, guardianship and probate; conflict resolution through mediation and conciliation.
She has experience in multiple areas of the law in both Texas and New Mexico. Rae Ann is a native Texan, born and raised in El Paso. Prior to moving to Austin in late 2006, she practiced law out of an old adobe office in downtown Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- J.D., University of New Mexico School of Law
- B.J., The University of Texas at Austin
- Texas, 2007
- New Mexico, 2000
- State Bar of Texas (Alternative Dispute Resolution, Business Law, Real Estate/Probate/Trust)
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association (Alternative Dispute Resolution, Estate Planning & Probate Law)
- CREW Austin (Commercial Real Estate Women)
- Real Estate Council of Austin
- Estate Planning Council of Texas
- Texas Association of Mediators
- Texas Mediator Credentialing Association
- Dispute Resolution Center of Austin (Volunteer Mediator)
- BBB of Central and South Central Texas (Volunteer Mediator)
- Travis County Probate Court (Volunteer Court Visitor)
Publications and Presentations:
- Panelist, Mediation Roundtable, 2011 Texas Association of Mediators Conference, San Antonio, February 2011
- How to Avoid Collateral Damage When the Collateral is Real Estate, Texas Advanced Paralegal Seminar, September 2010
- Attorney’s Role in Real Estate Transactions – CREW Austin UCrew program at McCombs School of Business,March 2010
- What is an Estate Plan and Why Do I Need One? Women of Wells Fargo Conference, Austin, October 2008