Rose Directors Barry Palmer and Scott Marks worked on the application and secured a low income tax credit with the City of Houston to help rehabilitate a former rundown motel on I-45.
- The development created 149 units of affordable housing for the formerly homeless.
- The development’s four-panel galvanized steel murals designed by Chicana artist Carmen Loman Garza buffer the noise from the busy highway, turning the former eyesore into a community canvas.
- The property features 149 fully-furnished efficiency apartments with spacious gardens and 24/7 front desk staffing.
- New Hope at Brays is convenient to downtown and METRO bus lines.
- The community includes a fully-furnished TV lounge, living/dining rooms, library and life skills training/business center.
- A fully-equipped kitchen is available 24/7 as well as an outdoor sport court and regular movie nights and other community activities.