HOUSTON – Aug. 15, 2019 – Coats Rose, P.C., a transaction and litigation law firm focused on development, is pleased to announce that 14 lawyers have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2020 The Best Lawyers in America© list published by Woodward White Inc. Director Alysse E. Hollis was named a 2020 “Lawyer of the Year” in Cincinnati in the area of public finance law, and Director Rick Reed was named a 2020 “Lawyer of the Year” in San Antonio in the area of construction law.
The guide honored firm lawyers in all six firm offices, Houston, Austin, Dallas, New Orleans, San Antonio and Cincinnati, and in 10 areas of legal practice, including real estate, public finance, construction, construction litigation, government relations, tax, employee benefits (ERISA), environmental litigation, professional malpractice and product liability litigation.
- John M. Joseph** – Government Relations Practice
- Ronald A. Bell – Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Tax Law
- Alysse Hollis – Public Finance Law
- David Brusilow – Real Estate Law
- Ben Aderholt – Litigation-Construction
- John G. Cannon* – Real Estate Law
- Barry J. Palmer* – Real Estate Law
- Barry S. Rabon** – Construction Law
- Richard L. Rose** – Real Estate Law
- Chris E. Ryman** – Construction Law, Litigation-Construction
- Kelton Longwell*** – Real Estate Law
- Megan Riess* – Real Estate Law
- Elizabeth Haecker Ryan** – Litigation-Environmental, Product Liability Litigation-Defendants, Professional Malpractice Law-Defendants
- Richard L. Reed** – Construction Law
*Listed in Best Lawyers in America© for five years or more
**Listed in Best Lawyers in America© for 10 years or more
***Listed in Best Lawyers in America© for 15 years or more
About Best Lawyers
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Because Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which almost 50,000 leading attorneys cast nearly five million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel Magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
About Coats Rose, P.C.
Coats Rose is a transaction and litigation law firm focused on development: the development of real estate, affordable housing, special purpose districts, business and private wealth. We provide legal counsel to businesses, governmental entities corporate and high-net worth clients across the U.S. and internationally. For over 30 years, the firm has leveraged its vast legal experience to fulfill clients’ needs spanning real estate law, affordable housing and community development, public finance, construction/surety law, commercial litigation, government relations, intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, securities law, tax, wealth planning and preservation. In addition to its headquarters in Houston, Coats Rose has offices in Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, New Orleans and Cincinnati. Learn more at www.coatsrose.com.