Office Services Coordinator – Law Firm (New Orleans, LA)
Coats Rose, P.C. is hiring a full-time (40.0 hours/week) Office Services Coordinator for the firm’s New Orleans, Louisiana office.
Job Summary: Office Services Coordinators work in the firm’s branch locations providing a wide range of administrative, clerical, and practical office-support services. Working at the direction of local attorneys and staff, and with supervision and assistance from the firm’s Office Service Manager (based at the firm’s headquarters in Houston) the work includes a dynamic variety of both “front-office” and “back-office” duties, as well as other tasks that are necessary to the day-to-day, efficient operation of a business office.
The ideal candidate will have one or more years’ experience in providing in-office services in a law firm or business office setting, familiarity in coordinating outside vendors, and with online supply ordering. Consideration will be given, however, to entry-level candidates wo exhibit excellent communications skills, attention to details, an eagerness for learning and a demonstrated ability for self-motivation. All candidates should have a friendly, outgoing personality, a customer-service oriented drive, and a desire to accomplish more than the task-assigned.
Job Responsibilities and Duties: While working both independently and collaboratively to accomplish a dynamic set of tasks as may be assigned, day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing all reception desk, phone, and other front-office activities.
- Overseeing mail and package deliveries and other back-office activities.
- Monitoring, ordering, and stocking office and break room supplies and services; interacting with vendors to obtain pricing and quotes.
- Maintaining office equipment and coordinating equipment installation and services with the firm’s Houston-based IT department or outside vendors; interacting with building management.
- Maintaining general appearance of office common areas, including breakroom and conference rooms before and after meetings.
- Planning and arranging office events, holiday gatherings and managing special office projects.
- Other duties, as may be assigned by attorney or staff, including assisting with scanning, copying, faxing, mailing, and filing\management of electronic and physical files and documents; scheduling and calendaring attorney meetings, event registration, travel, and preparing attorney expense reports.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Required computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of software applications.
- Excellent organizational stills, with ability to attend to details and prioritize multiple deadlines.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills with ability to work with a wide variety of professionals and clients.
- Must be able to lift/carry file boxes up to 30 pounds.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
Compensation, Benefits, Work-Life:
- Compensation is hourly wage with overtime pay and is competitive based on experience or skill level; yearly, discretionary bonus possible.
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances offered (with several no-cost options for employee-only coverage available); 401(k) retirement plan (with employer matching and discretionary, yearly plan profit-sharing); Paid Holidays; Paid Time Off; Fully Paid Parking.
- Coats Rose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion in its workplace and to promoting a healthy work-life balance in a professional and friendly environment.
To Apply: Qualified candidates should submit cover letter and resume by email to Rex Zgarba, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com and reference “Office Services Coordinator – New Orleans” in the subject line.