Paralegal – Affordable Housing and Community Development (Austin, TX)
Coats Rose, P.C. is hiring a full-time (37.5 hours/week) Paralegal within the firm’s Affordable Housing and Community Development Practice Group located in our Austin, Texas office.
Job Summary: Paralegals in this practice group work with a high level of responsibility both independently and in coordination with attorneys to provide skilled and substantive transactional legal services to the practice group’s clients, which include both public and private entities in affordable housing, community development, real estate development, bond transactions, tax credit transactions, and commercial borrowers and lenders. The work often involves direct contact with clients and other transaction participants throughout the stages of a project as it progresses to closing. All daily time incurred on a matter is billed to the client.
The ideal candidate will have two or more years’ experience in a law firm, title company, or real estate-related office setting with a direct background in commercial real estate development and finance, title insurance and settlement procedures, or drafting real estate transaction and financing documents or corporate formation documents. Strong consideration will be given, however, to candidates with law firm experience in other transactional practice areas, such as corporate, regulatory, or finance law. Consideration may be given to entry-level/trainee candidates with strong academic credentials or a paralegal certification who also display excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
Job Responsibilities and Duties: While working both independently and collaboratively to accomplish a dynamic set of tasks as may be assigned, day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting, editing, tracking, and monitoring legal documentation for clients and transaction closings.
- Coordinating transaction closings with attorneys, clients, and other transaction participants.
- Managing and orchestrating client and attorney communications.
- Organizing and managing client files, both physical and electronic.
- Assisting with administrative tasks, including, but not limited to, preparing signature and closing packages and post-closing binders; electronic recording or searching of documents with various governmental agencies such as the Texas Secretary of State and Comptroller.
- Recording all billable hours in the firm’s client billing system timely.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Required high-level proficiency in Adobe Acrobat and MSOffice suite of software applications and competency in preparing documents in Word using a networked document management system.
- Required knowledge of Texas Secretary of State and Comptroller website procedures, searches, and filings.
- Familiarity with NetDocuments, LMS+ a plus
- Excellent organizational stills, with ability to attend to details and prioritize multiple deadlines.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication, and grammar skills with ability to work with a wide variety of professionals and clients.
- Must be able to lift/carry/move file boxes up to 30 pounds in weight.
- Must be able to maintain focus sitting at desk and using a computer for extended periods of time.
- College degree or paralegal certificate required.
Compensation, Benefits, Work-Life:
- Compensation is salary with overtime pay and is competitive based on experience or skill level; yearly, discretionary bonus possible
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances offered (with several no-cost options for employee-only coverage available); 401(k) retirement plan (with employer matching and discretionary, yearly plan profit-sharing); Paid Holidays; Paid Time Off; Fully Paid Parking.
- Coats Rose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion in its workplace and to promoting a healthy work-life balance in a professional and friendly environment.
To Apply: Qualified candidates should submit cover letter and resume by email to Rex Zgarba, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Paralegal – Affordable Housing – Austin” in the subject line.