With over 40 years of experience, Ben’s practice is primarily commercial transactions and litigation in the construction industry and bankruptcy.
- Elected Director State Bar of Texas (1992-95)
- Elected to Governing Council, Construction Section (2002-2005)
- Appointed to Editorial Board, Texas Bar Journal (1992, 2010 -)
- Elected to Editorial Board, Construction Law Journal, South Texas Law School/State Bar of Texas (2002-)
- Elected President of Houston Bar Association (1991-92)
Community International Affairs
- World Trade Supervisory Board of Greater Houston Partnership (2009-2012)
- Mayor of Houston’s International Affairs & Development Council (2009-2012); Elected Chair (2010-2011)
- Awarded Rotary International’s Global Service to Humanity Award (2009)
- University of Houston Downtown faculty awarded Outstanding Adjunct 2012 College of Business.
- Author, “U.S. Supreme Court Decides How To Value Collateral in Business Reorganizations,” 34 Texas Journal of Business Law 3 (1998)
- Successfully argued Trust Fund Doctrine and Exclusivity theory in construction litigation before Texas Supreme Court (2009)
- Litigated case presenting issue of how to value business assets in reorganizations to U.S. Supreme Court (1997) Rash III cases.
- Graduate studies for L.L.M. in International Business Transactions, Lazarski University Law School, Salzburg, Austria (2011)
- B.A. Degree (1964) and J.D. Degree (1968), University of Texas
- Attended Southwestern University, Georgetown, Texas (1960-1962)
- Exchange Law Student (inaugural delegation in exchange with University of Texas), Guanajuato Law School, Mexico, Spring 1967
- Rotary International Graduate Scholar for graduate study abroad at University of Witwatersrand (1969)
- Texas, 1968