David is a Director in the Dallas office. In his practice, he advises his business owner clients on day to day law-related issues, such as labor and employment law, non-competition and trade secret issues, employment contracts, hiring and termination issues, policies and procedures manuals and compliance with federal and state labor laws. He also has extensive proficiency in the area of intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark matters.
David’s real estate practice is vast, with well over 30 years of experience in a wide variety of transactions representing developers, buyers, sellers and lenders. He has been responsible for all aspects of new and existing commercial projects, including office, multi-family, hotel, shopping center and residential developments. He counsels and assists in contract negotiation and documentation, due diligence analysis, financial analysis, zoning, construction, negotiation of financing documentation and other aspects of real estate development, including negotiation and documentation of commercial leases.
David is also an experienced and licensed escrow officer. In connection with the firm’s title company, he works with many firm clients who prefer to use the firm’s title company to close their transactions based upon the extensive experience and responsiveness of the escrow officers within the firm.
- Texas, 1978
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- J.D, 1978, Southern Methodist University
- B.A., 1975, Southern Methodist University
- Dallas Bar Association (Real Estate and Corporate Counsel Sections)
- St. Andrew United Methodist Church
- International Student Foundation
- Dallas Leadership Foundation – Ring of Hope Boxing Club
- The Genesis Women’s Shelter for Battered and Abused Women
- Richardson Symphony Orchestra