Ms. Jenkins focuses her practice on local government and public finance law, primarily representing municipal utility districts and other special districts as general counsel and bond counsel. Her previous practice experience includes representing oil and gas producers in upstream transactional matters as well as assisting clients with real estate transactions, including development, leasing, acquisition and disposition of real estate projects. She received a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from Sam Houston State University, Summa Cum Laude, placing 1st out of 1,398 students, and obtained her Doctor of Jurisprudence from South Texas College of Law.
Ms. Jenkins is an active committeeman on the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Breeders Greeters Committee, dedicating countless hours to the planning and logistical management that takes place surrounding the Rodeo in order to support education and better agricultural practices. Further, Ms. Jenkins was selected as one of Sam Houston State University’s “13 Alumni under 30” for the Heritage Magazine August, 2015 issue, showcasing the next generation of outstanding young professionals.
- J.D., 2013, South Texas College of Law
- B.A., 2010, Sam Houston State University
- Texas, 2013
- West Virginia, 2014
- Houston Bar Association (Oil, Gas and Mineral Section)
- Houston Association of Professional Landmen
- West Houston Association of Professional Landmen
- Young Professionals in Energy
Honors & Awards
- Named a Sam Houston State’s “13 Alumni Under 30”, August, 2015
Publications & Presentations
- Surface Conflicts: Wind Farms vs. Oil and Gas Operations
- “A Comparison of Texas, Montana and Oklahoma Oil, Gas and Title Issues,” Co-Author
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo – Breeders and Greeters Committee