Lane Johnson is an associate in the Firm’s Affordable Housing and Community development practice group. Lane also has experience in environmental and energy litigation. Prior to joining Coats Rose, she represented the Sierra Club in Washington, D.C., as outside counsel in administrative and judicial proceedings, including settlement negotiations, primarily in the Southeast.
Lane earned a B.A. in Journalism and International Affairs from the University of Georgia and her J.D. from the Georgetown University Law Center. While in law school, Lane served as a submissions editor for the Georgetown International Environmental Law Review. She also worked as a Law & Policy Extern with the Governors’ Accord for a New Energy Future and an Honors Law Clerk with the Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance (OECA), the law enforcement arm of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- J.D., 2015, Georgetown University Law Center
- B.A., Journalism and International Affairs, 2012, University of Georgia
- Georgia, 2018
- Maryland, 2016
- Tybee Island Marine Science Center: Board of Trustees Member
- Gray’s Reef National Marine Sanctuary Foundation: Board of Trustees Member
- “The Race that Isn’t: How Industry Can Actually Help Drive an International Trend of Heightened Environmental Regulation in the Copper Mining Industry,” Georgetown International Environmental Law Review, Spring 2014
- “Coastal Issues and Shoreline Management in the Southeast,” L. Johnson and Z. Harris Presenters, The Seminar Group in Savannah, Georgia, March 7, 2019