Frank is Of Counsel in the Oil & Gas/Energy and Real Estate sections of Coats Rose. He has more than 40 years of legal experience with emphasis in the areas of oil and gas/energy and real estate, including service as General Counsel to TXCO Resources Inc., and several privately held energy companies. Frank has held an “AV” rating by Martindale-Hubbell since 1984.
Frank’s practice focuses on oil and gas/energy transactions and project finance, real estate and real estate transactions and project finance. He has extensive experience in most segments of the energy industry, including exploration and production; mergers and acquisitions; crude oil and natural gas marketing and purchasing; natural gas processing and transportation; petroleum product production, marketing and purchasing; alternative fuels; and strategy development. He is also highly experienced in debt restructuring and reorganization for financially distressed public and private oil and gas companies.
Frank’s experience also extends to corporate governance, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, private placements of equity and debt securities, and commercial litigation for private and public clients involved in the energy, commercial real estate, banking and technology industries.
- J.D., 1973, University of Texas School of Law
- B.A., 1971, University of Texas
- Texas, 1973
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern (1974) and Western (1993) Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit (1994)
- State Bar of Texas
- Alamo Public Telecommunications Council, KLRN (Director, 2008 to 2014)
- Fiesta San Antonio Commission, Inc. (Elected Commissioner, 1994-1997)
- Mission Road Foundation (Board of Directors, 1978-80)
- Morningside Ministries, Board of Directors (1990-1996; Vice Chairman, 1993-1994)
- Real Estate Council of San Antonio
- San Antonio Art League (Legal Counsel to Board, 1989-1997 and 2003-2006)
- The Samaritan Counseling Center of San Antonio, Inc. (Board of Directors, 1996-2001; President 1996-1997)