Matt is a Director in the Construction/Surety, Insurance Law and Litigation Sections of Coats Rose, who represents public entities and private companies in transactional and litigation matters, particularly in the Austin and San Antonio areas. Matt has experience developing and negotiating construction contracts, professional services agreements, subcontracts, purchase orders, and employment agreements. He also counsels his client’s in the area of contractual insurance requirements and coverage disputes. Additionally, Matt has extensive experience developing and implementing strategies for managing and resolving complex construction and civil litigation matters in state court and arbitration on behalf of public and private owners, sureties, engineering firms, general contractors and subcontractors.
- J.D., 2008, South Texas College of Law
- B.A., 2005, University of Texas
- Texas, 2009
- U.S. District Court for Western District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas (Construction Law, Insurance Law, and Litigation Sections)
- State Bar of Texas (Insurance Law Section)
- Texas Exes Association (Houston Chapter)
- Austin Bar Association (Construction Law Section)
- “Managing Risk with General Liability and Professional Liability Insurance Coverage” – Texas Engineering Law Seminar – July 2016.
- “Texas Mechanics Liens and Bond Claims” presented to University of Texas at San Antonio School of Architecture, November 2014, April 2015 and June 2016.
- “E Discovery and Document Retention Policies” presented at the Coats Rose 2012 Lunch and Learn Series.
- “CGL Coverage Issues” presented at Coats Rose 2013 Lunch and Learn Series.
- “Introduction to Construction Law” presented at AGC’s BASICS series for small, women, and minority-owned construction firms.