Molly L. Stanga is an Director in the Affordable Housing and Community Development practice group located in the New Orleans office.
Molly represents for profit and non-profit developers and public housing authorities engaged in the development of affordable housing using a variety of funding sources including 4% and 9% low-income housing tax credits, tax-exempt bonds, RAD rental assistance, 221(d)(4) FHA mortgages and conventional financing sources.
Molly has also represented developers and investors engaged in historic rehabilitation tax credit and new markets tax credit transactions.
Molly is a Tax Law Specialist, certified by the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization. She has experience in a variety of tax-related areas including: business planning and transactions, offshore voluntary disclosures and foreign asset reporting compliance, and resolving federal and state tax controversies.
Representative Matters include:
- Closed four phases of affordable housing development including RAD conversions of 532 units of public housing to Section 8 assistance and the development of an additional 136 units of Section 8 project-based voucher units involving various combinations of 4% low-income housing tax credit, 9% low-income housing tax credits, tax-exempt bonds, HOME funds, public housing funds, Section 221(d)(4) FHA mortgage, Freddie Mac funds, and conventional financing.
- Closed a scattered site transaction comprising 258 affordable housing units spread across 9 separate sites in 6 counties, of which 136 units were RAD conversions and 122 units were Section 8 project-based voucher units. This transaction utilized 4% low-income housing tax credit, tax-exempt bonds, Housing Trust Funds, public housing funds and conventional financing.
- Closed three phases of affordable housing development totaling 344 units, including RAD conversions of 324 units of public housing to Section 8 assistance and the development of an additional 20 affordable housing units, utilizing various combinations of 4% LIHTC, tax-exempt bonds, Fannie Mae funds, and conventional financing.
- LL.M., 2011, The University of Florida Levin College of Law
- JD, 2010, Loyola University New Orleans College of Law
- B.S., 1999, Texas Tech University
- Louisiana, 2010
- Louisiana Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
Certification and Recognition
- Tax Law Specialist, certified by the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America® on the Ones to Watch list 2021-2022
- Recognized by Louisiana Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in the area of Tax Law in 2015