Racy L. Haddad has more than 25 years of experience in the real estate industry. Her diverse real estate and litigation practice includes complex cases involving commercial and residential acquisitions, development, leasing, real estate brokerage, real estate finance, title issues, disposition of property, and construction law. Racy is broadly experienced in private law firm practice as well as having a career in real estate brokerage prior to becoming an attorney. She provides her clients guidance as a real estate professional, accomplished litigator, and a CEO focused on business and individual profitability. Racy’s extensive background related to property issues has also allowed her to focus in the area of estate planning. She routinely drafts simple estate plans for her clients including wills, trusts, general powers of attorney, medical powers of attorney, advance directives and HIPAA authorizations. Prior to joining Coats Rose, Racy was the founding shareholder of Haddad Legal Group, P.C.
Her accomplished background in real estate law and litigation has provided her with a determined edge in areas of real estate contract negotiation, complex development projects, real estate litigation, brokerage disputes and extensive title work. She has extensive experience in the advanced drafting of real estate and construction documents. She has managed and litigated complex cases for clients, with tenacity and persistence, including first chair jury trial experience.
Racy is a former real estate licensee with the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) and has been an approved TREC Mandatory Continuing Education (MCE) Instructor in the area of Real Estate Marketing and Legal and Real Estate Ethics. She has also been a participant in the Texas Land Title School and has been a licensed Escrow Officer with the Texas Department of Insurance.
Racy is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the State Bar of Texas Real Estate, Probate and Trust Section and the Austin Bar Association. She is admitted to practice in all district courts in Texas and has been admitted to the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Western District of Texas.
Racy received her Bachelor of Science in Advertising from The University of Texas at Austin and her Doctor of Jurisprudence from Texas Tech University School of Law. She is originally from El Paso, Texas and has a love for all parts of Texas, but is partial to Austin and her hometown of El Paso. She is bilingual and speaks Spanish fluently.
- J.D., 2003, from Texas Tech University
- B.S., 1982, Advertising, from The University of Texas at Austin
- Texas, 2003
- Board Certified in Real Estate Law – Residential by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2017
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2013
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2004
- Austin Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate Probate and Trust Section
- Texas Exes, The University of Texas at Austin; Judge for Board of Advocates
- Circle of Friends, Dell Children’s Hospital
- Director of Government Affairs, Austin Advertising Federation
- Texas Real Estate Commission, Approved Mandatory Continuing Education (MCE) Legal & Ethics Instructor
- Program on Negotiation Master Class, Harvard Law School
- “Doing Business in Texas & Reducing Your Risk of Litigation,” Greater Houston Builders Association, Houston, Texas
- “Risk Reduction in Real Estate Transactions,” presented at Prudential Texas Realty, Intero Real Estate Services, Inc., Austin, Texas; Mike Bloom Properties, Inc., Houston, Texas