Richard is a Director in the Construction/Surety and Litigation sections of Coats Rose. He brings 20 years of active trial experience to his clients, which includes first chair experience in excess of 50 jury, bench and arbitration trials. His rich academic career includes a bachelor’s degree in Government, a masters in Political Science, and a teaching position in Political Science at the college level.
Richard regularly presents surety topics at various seminars and teaches classes on the subject of mechanics liens and surety bond claims.
Richard’s practice includes representation of owners, sureties, general contractors and subcontractors in construction litigation matters, as well as general commercial litigation and employment law.
- J.D., 1992, South Texas College of Law
- M.A., 1989, University of Houston
- B.A., 1985, University of Texas at Austin
- Texas, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Southern, Northern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas (Construction Section)
- Houston Bar Association