Shannon is a Director in the Affordable Housing and Community Development section of Coats Rose. She represents public housing authorities and housing developers in the development and operation of affordable housing. The finance portion of her practice focuses on leveraging low-income housing tax credits, private activity tax-exempt bonds, investment syndications, the Rental Assistance Demonstration program, Community Development Block Grants, and other HUD-insured and conventional loan products to finance rent-restricted multi-family projects. Operationally, she assists her clients with on-going regulatory compliance and interfacing with applicable agencies, most frequently the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development and the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs.
- Texas, 2013
- District of Columbia, 2007
- Virginia, 2006
- J.D., 2006, cum laude, Howard University School of Law
- B.S., 2003, Texas A&M University
- American Bar Association
- “AI & Other Tech: It’s Your Ethical Duty,” speaker at the Texas Women Rainmakers 8th Annual CLE, August 25, 2023.
- “The ABCs of PFCs,” speaker at the 2023 Texas Affiliation of Affordable Housing Providers (TAAHP) Annual Texas Housing Conference.
- “Leveraging Federal Disaster Assistance for Innovative and Equitable Recovery,” speaker at the American Bar Association Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Fall Boot Camp, October 13, 2022.
- “What’s in a Name: Deciphering the difference between a HFC, PFC and PHA,” speaker at the 2022 TALHFA Conference, October 6, 2022.
- “Diversity, Equality & Inclusion: Don’t Just Build a House, Open the Door,” speaker at the 2022 Texas Housing Conference, produced by Texas Affiliation of Affordable Housing Providers (TAAHP), July 26, 2022.