Samuel is an associate in the public finance section in the Houston office. His practice is focused on creation of special purpose districts, statutory and regulatory interpretation, governmental relations, and administration of special districts. He has experience in representing clients through corporate reorganizations and restructurings, creditors’ rights, and trustee representation.
While in law school, Samuel served as Staff Editor and Articles Editor for the Texas Journal of Oil, Gas and Energy Law, receiving as award for Staff Editor of the Year. He also served as the Director of Finance for the Texas Business Law Society and participated in transactional and bankruptcy LawMeet competition teams.
- J.D., 2017, The University of Texas School of Law
- B.S., Accounting, 2014, Louisiana State University
- Texas, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Certified Volunteer Income Tax Associate (Vita)
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member
- Houston Young Professionals, Member
Honors and Awards
- Staff Editor and Articles Editor for the Texas Journal of Oil, Gas and Energy Law (2016)
Publications and Presentations
- “Houston-based oil field services co. completes acquisition of local seismic data co.’s assets,” Houston Business Journal (07/26/18)
- “Houston-based seismic data co. files for Chapter 11, plans to sell assets to another local co.” Houston Business Journal (06/27/18)