Stephanie is Of Counsel in the Real Estate section of Coats Rose and has over 20 years experience in the practice of law. Stephanie’s practice is devoted to the representation of developers, investors and lenders in the financing, acquisition, development, construction, operation, leasing, and disposition of commercial real estate, including raw land, office buildings, medical office buildings, shopping centers, industrial properties, apartment complexes and residential subdivisions.
Stephanie having spent over half of her life in Mexico, Venezuela and Puerto Rico is fluent in Spanish.
- JD., 1987, Southern Methodist University School of Law; Member of The Journal of Air Law and Commerce.
- B.A., Sweet Briar College
- Texas, 1987
- American Bar Association (Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section)
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association (Past-Chair of the Real Estate Law Section; former Chair of the International Law Section; former Chair of the Monterrey Lawyers Exchange Committee)
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) (Secretary)
- ULI, NAIOP, ICSC and Women’s Finance Exchange (former President)
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
- AV Rated Since 2001
Speeches & Publications
- “Love Thy Neighbor: Negotiating Co-Tenancy Provisions in an Evolving Retail Landscape,” presented at 29th Annual Spring Symposia for the American Bar Association Real Property, Trust & Estate Law CLE Programs (April 21, 2017)
- “Negotiating Tenant Work Letters,” State Bar of Texas 25th Annual Advanced Real Estate Law Course (2003)
- “Due Diligence in Real Estate Transactions,” CLE International Real Estate Development (2002)
- “Resolution of Boundary Disputes,” National Business Institute Law Review Series, Boundary Law (1997 and 1996)
- “Real State Title and Ethical Considerations,” National Business Institute Law Review Series, Mastering Real Estate Titles and Title Insurance (1995)
- “Acquisition of U. S. Real Property by Mexican Nationals,” HBA Monterrey Lawyers Exchange Conference, Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico (1995)
- “Revision of the Texas State Board of Insurance Title Insurance Rule P-9.b(3),” co-presenter with LeBarron at The University of Texas School of Law 24th Annual Mortgage Lending Institute (1990)
- “How Cross-Selling May Help or Hinder a Firm,” Marketing for Lawyers (October 1990)