Taheera is an Associate in the Affordable Housing and Community Development practice group in Houston. Her practice concentrates on representing for-profit and nonprofit developers and public housing authorities in the development and rehabilitation of affordable housing utilizing a variety of financing tools including low-income housing tax credits, historic tax credits, private activity tax-exempt bonds, ad valorem exemptions and conventional loans.
Taheera’s experience also includes drafting and filing business entity formation and organizational documents, drafting and reviewing development related contracts and loan agreements, and performing due diligence on affordable housing deals to ensure closing of transactions occurs timely and seamlessly.
Taheera joined the firm in 2020 after working with the Texas Legislative Council in Austin, Texas, where she drafted legislation for all members of the Texas State Legislature and provided nonpartisan legal counsel to state legislators and their aides in a variety of fields, including real estate, business and commerce, banking and finance, occupational regulation, and hemp. She also provided strategic analysis of legislative concerns to outside private attorneys, lobbyists and other important stakeholders regarding prospective and introduced legislation.
- Texas, 2014
- J. D. and Diploma of Comparative Law, 2014, Louisiana State University Law School
- B.S., Journalism, 2008, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Young Lawyers Association (2014-2018)
- Austin Black Lawyers Association
- Lloyd Lochridge American Inn of Court, 2017-2019
- Leadership Austin Emerge Program, Class of 2016
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated
- Best Practices in Legislative Drafting” Continuing Legal Education presentation given to the Legislative and Campaign Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, December 2018, Austin, Texas.
- “The Health and Human Services Clarification Bill” presentation given at the Executive Women in Texas Government Annual Conference, November 2015, San Marcos, Texas.
- “The Evolving Role of the Drafting Attorney After a Bill Has Been Introduced” Continuing Legal Education presentation given at the Legislative Legal Services Support Professional Development Seminar for the National Conference of State Legislators, October 2015, Austin, Texas.