Tim specializes in the creation of special purpose districts throughout Texas, particularly in the Houston and Dallas/Fort Worth areas. He has been involved in the development of thousands of acres of land for residential and commercial purposes, and the issuance of over $10 billion of tax-exempt bonds for the financing of public infrastructure. In addition to his representation of special purpose districts, Tim represents land developers, land owners, homebuilders, municipal utility districts, and other governmental authorities.
Tim’s area of practice includes matters related to the acquisition and development of real property, particularly the use of special purpose districts to finance development. Tim represents the following: municipal utility districts, water control and improvement districts, levee improvement districts, road utility districts, public improvement districts, and tax increment reinvestment zones. Tim’s practice includes representing his clients before various governmental entities, including: Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, and various cities, counties and regional service providers.
Lately, Tim’s practice has focused on the creation of Public Improvement Districts (“PID”) and the issuance of bonds secured by PID assessments. In addition to issuing two series of bonds secured by PID assessments, Tim and his team have been responsible for the creation of the following Public Improvement Districts: Rivendale by the Lake Public Improvement District Nos. 1, 2 & 3; City of Haslet Public Improvement District No. 2; City of Ponder Public Improvement District No. 1; and City of Montgomery Public Improvement District No. 1.
- J.D., 1980, Vanderbilt University
- B.A., 1976, magna cum laude, Vanderbilt University
- Texas, 1980
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- AV rated distinction
- “Coats Rose Represented Residential Developer in Sale of Public Improvement District Special Assessment Revenue Bonds,” September 12, 2018
- “Coats Rose Represents City of Montgomery, Texas in Creation of Public Improvement District,” November 13, 2017
- “Coats Rose Attorneys Serve as Bond Counsel on Sale of $6.24 Million Special Assessment Revenue Bonds,” November 10, 2017
- “Coats Rose Represents Residential Developer in Creation of PID and Sale of Special Assessment Revenue Bonds,” November 9, 2017
- “Coats Rose Attorneys Close Sale of $3.2 Million Tax-Exempt Bonds for the City of Hackberry, Texas,” September 8, 2015
- “Coats Rose Lawyers Close Innovative Bond Financing PID,” November 11, 2013