Vinson Knight is Of Counsel in the Health Care practice located in the New Orleans office. Vinson has over 25 years of experience in the multiple areas of law, including healthcare and commercial business formation, transactions and finance, healthcare and commercial contracting, including physician and hospital contracting, commercial real estate transactions and finance, healthcare fraud and abuse and other healthcare regulatory matters, provider licensure and certification and provider reimbursement and appeals.
His practice is concentrated on commercial real estate, business and healthcare transactions. He has handled several multi-million dollar hospital sales and acquisitions, several of which involved obtaining the approval of the Louisiana Attorney General for the sale of non-profit hospitals as required under Louisiana law.
Vinson also routinely interacts on behalf of clients with representatives of local, state and federal governmental agencies, including the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals, the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services, the Texas Department of State Health Services and various fiscal intermediaries (FIs) and Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs) of these state and federal agencies.
- J.D., 1989, Paul M. Hebert Law Center of Louisiana State University
- B.S., 1985, summa cum laude, Nicholls State University
- Texas, 2017
- Louisiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1991
- American Bar Association, Member (1991-Present)
- Federal Bar Association, Member (1991-Present)
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member (1989- Present)
- Health Law Section Council Member (2015-Present)
- Co-Section Leader, Committee to Prepare Application for Health Law Specialization (2016-Present)
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member (1991-Present)
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member (2007-Present)
- Louisiana Land Title Association, Member (2004-Present)
- Louisiana Society of Hospital Attorneys, Member (2007-Present)
- Represented a client in a multi-million dollar transaction in which a client took over operations of the two public charity hospitals in Shreveport and Monroe, Louisiana pursuant to a deal negotiated and documented with Louisiana State University, the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals and the Louisiana Division of Administration.
- Stuart Hall School for Boys Parents Club
- Co-President (2015-2016)
- Co-Vice President (2014-2015)
- Chairman, Dads’ Night Out (2011-Present)
- Golf Tournament Committee Member (2013-Present)
- Jesuit High School Golf Tournament Committee Member (2015-Present)
- Delta Sigma Phi (1984-Present)
- Dawn Busters Kiwanis Club, Member (2010-Present)