Routt is a Director in the Real Estate, Land Use, Government Affairs & Banking Law and Real Estate sections. His areas of practice include commercial real estate loan document preparation for institutional lenders, individuals and private developers, along with general real estate, commercial and business representation for corporate and individual clients for over 30 years.
His experiences include the legal representation of complex real estate transactions (i.e., office buildings, subdivisions, builder takedown agreements and large land sales) from negotiating and preparation of earnest money contracts, financing arrangements, management contracts, development agreements, utility agreements and sales contracts.
Routt has also done extensive leasehold negotiations and documentation, along with documentation and litigation concerning mechanic’s liens. His banking representation includes services in the area of loan documentation, collection and workout arrangements, lender liability defense litigation, regulatory compliance and bank associated litigation.
- J.D., 1981, The University of Texas School of Law
- B.A., 1978, cum laude, Texas A&M University
- State Bar of Texas, 1981
- United States District Courts for the Western and Southern Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
- State Bar of Texas (Foundation Life Fellow)
- Travis County Bar Association
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel