Legal Assistant/Entry-Level Paralegal – Public Finance (Dallas)
The firm’s public finance practice group is seeking candidates for a legal assistant/entry-level paralegal position for the Dallas office. The person hired will assist attorneys working within the areas of public law and real estate in the creation and administration of municipal utility districts (MUDs) and public improvement districts (PIDs) throughout the State of Texas.
Position Responsibilities may include, but are not necessarily limited, to the following:
- Work closely with and take directions from the senior paralegal, two associate attorneys, and a partner.
- Assist attorneys and senior paralegal with drafting, preparing, and filing of pertinent documents.
- Perform relevant legal research.
- Prepare agendas and minutes for MUD Board of Directors meetings.
- Prepare for MUD Board of Directors meetings, including preparation of necessary documents for approval.
- Attend MUD Board of Directors meetings and take notes for minutes (sometimes during lunch or evening hours).
- Organize meeting file and follow up on all documents from meeting.
- Stay up to date on relevant rules and legislation related to MUDs.
- Assist with completion of insurance renewal proposals.
- File annual financial report with appropriate agencies.
- Assist with annual setting of tax rate, including publication of notices.
- Assist with regulatory compliance.
- Keep track of any and all filing requirements.
- Create and implement electronic records management system.
- Create and implement document tracking system.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- The ideal candidate will have familiarity/experience with real estate development or transactions.
- Excellent organizational, communication, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently, plan, and take initiative to accomplish objectives in a timely manner.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to follow directions and instructions while effectively and efficiently using firm resources.
- This is a sedentary position and requires minimal standing, walking, stooping and movement or lifting of items up to 10 pounds.
- The firm’s hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday but this job may require overtime, evening hours, and working through lunch to attend meetings.
- Reliable personal transportation for traveling to and from Board meetings.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Coats Rose is committed to fostering a healthy work-life balance and diversity in its workplace. Qualified candidates should send cover letter, resume, and references by email to Rex Zgarba, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Legal Assistant-Public Finance (Dallas)” in the subject line.