Public Finance/MUD Associate
Coats Rose, P.C. was recently named to the 2018 Best Law Firms list by Best Lawyers and US News & World Report as well as a Leading Law Firm in Construction Law by Chambers USA. For over 30 years, the attorneys at Coats Rose have been cultivating long term client relationships and helping clients achieve their business aims.
We are currently seeking an associate with two (2)+ years of substantive real estate experience, preferably in the areas of development of municipal utilities districts and public finance, however, other substantive experience with residential real estate development may be considered. Must be admitted to the State Bar of Texas.
Responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Drafting of documents pertinent to the organization and management of municipal utility districts;
- Perform relevant legal research;
- Attend Municipal Utility District Board of Directors(“Board”) meetings and record minutes (sometimes during evening or lunch hours);
- Prepare agendas for Board meetings;
- Ensure proper legal procedures are followed at Board meetings;
- Stay up to date on relevant rules and legislation and inform Board of updates;
- Assist Board with insurance renewals;
- Prepare documents for annual tax exemptions and assess collection charges on delinquent accounts;
- Review annual financial report and file with appropriate agencies;
- Assist with annual setting of tax rate;
- Assist with annual operating budget of the District if needed;
- Keep track of filing requirements; and
- Other job related duties as assigned.
Compensation is competitive based on experience.