Our Affordable Housing and Community Development attorneys have extensive experience in affordable and public housing acquisition, rehabilitation and development. In fact, Coats Rose has one of the largest groups of lawyers dedicated to affordable housing in the state of Texas and throughout the Southwest region, representing both for-profit and non-profit developers. We also represent public housing authorities in the development, redevelopment and renovation of housing. Our attorneys have closed transactions using a variety of financing techniques, low income housing tax credits, private activity tax-exempt bonds, 501(c)(3) tax-exempt bonds, investment syndications and conventional financing.
We’ve enjoyed particular success with specialized financing through low income housing tax credits and tax exempt municipal bonds.
Our work on high profile, potentially controversial projects has made us a leader in identifying responsive, creative solutions to problems which may arise in the transaction.
Areas of Practice:
Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD)
- Low Income Housing Tax Credits
- Tax Exempt Financing
- HUD Insured Multifamily Financing
- Public Housing Development (including Capital Funds & Replacement Housing Factor Funds)
- Public/Private Partnerships with Housing Authorities and For Profit Developers
- HUD 202 and 811 Financing
- HUD Regulatory Compliance
- HOME and CDBG
- Community Housing Development Organizations – CHDO
- Tax Increment Reinvestment Zones
- Tax Abatements
- Governmental and Community Relations
- New Market Tax Credits
- Historic Tax Credits