Our Real Estate lawyers know that real estate is about more than just location. Serving Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio and New Orleans with a diverse expertise, our attorneys have handled every type of project, from office buildings, hotels, shopping centers and mixed-use developments to energy plants, industrial and research complexes, warehouses, senior housing facilities, planned communities, and multi-family residential projects.
Developments Begin with Our Real Estate Lawyers
At Coats Rose, our lawyers help our clients navigate the complexities of real property ownership and investment – buying, selling, developing, building, improving, entitling, operating, managing, leasing, financing and lending. Our clients own, finance and invest in all types of real property – office, retail, shopping centers, corporate campus, industrial, warehouse, storage, energy, medical, research, subdivision, multi-family, condominium, senior and other specialty housing, entertainment, hospitality, transportation, service, build-to-suit, owner-occupied and agricultural. Our clients are local, national and international owners, developers, investors and lenders and include traditional and unique players, in both the public and private sectors. Our vast experience has included advisement on all sides of real estate transactions.
In development, our representation often begins with the negotiation of purchase or sale agreements and continues through due diligence and financing to closings. We assist clients with construction, engineering and architectural contracts and public and private development agreements. We assist clients in private land use management through innovative ownership structures, CCRs and property-owner associations. We also assist clients in day-to-day matters, such as property management agreements and service contracts.
In leasing matters, we have represented both landlords and tenants in many different settings, from office buildings, shopping centers, pad sites and single-user properties, to manufacturing facilities, transportation facilities and specialized medical facilities.
In investment, we assist clients with the formation and governance of joint ventures, partnerships, corporations and LLCs and other ownership structures. We represent institutional and private lenders as well.
We are also experienced in representing owners in matters affecting the development and use of their properties. This experience includes working with federal, state and local governments and agencies. We have handled matters for clients in cities and towns including Arlington, Austin, Dallas, Denton, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Fulshear, Irving, Missouri City, Pearland, Rockwall and Sugar Land. We have also worked with municipalities and their planning and zoning departments, with county
commissioners, and with agencies such as the Texas Department of Transportation, the Harris County Toll Road Authority and the North Texas Turnpike Authority. We are experienced in platting and subdivision, planned use development, master planning, mixed-use planning and development, variances, specific use permits and conventional and form-based zoning.
Additional services to our clients are provided by the firm-owned title insurance company, Chicago Title of Texas, LLC, with title insurance underwritten by Chicago Title Insurance Company, and in Louisiana by Baldwin Title Company, with title insurance written by First American Title Insurance Company and Fidelity National Title Insurance.
- Acquisition of the 2,000-acre Camp Strake property in Montgomery County, Texas.
- Acquisition of a 385-acre tract for a 10,000 employeecorporate campus in the Houston area.
- Zoning and entitlement of a 160-acre tract in North Texas for an urban, pedestrian-oriented, vertical and horizontal mixed-use project, including a hospital, medical office buildings, hospitality, entertainment venues, retail and residential projects and public space.
- Acquisition and operation of a private airport in the Dallas area.
- Acquisition by various municipalities of right-of-way for a major freeway in North Texas.
- Negotiation of an economic development agreement with the local municipality in Oklahoma and the sale of sites for a regional movie theater complex and a multi-family residential project.
- Creation of municipal utility districts for the development of the 1350-acre Jordan Ranch and the negotiation of development agreements with the City of Fulshear.
- Sale of a shopping center in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Lease of a city-owned college campus to a private educational provider.
- Re-financing of a portfolio of self-storage facilities located throughout Texas.
- Re-financing of eight oil-field service buildings in Texas and Louisiana.
- Sale/leaseback of buildings in North Dakota, Wyoming and Texas by an oil-field service company.
- Acquisition of industrial/showroom/warehouse portfolios in Georgia, Florida and Texas.
- Sale of a portfolio of medical office buildings in Tarrant, Dallas and Denton Counties.
- Acquisition and development of high-rise and traditional multi-family residential projects in urban and suburban settings in Texas.
- Acquisition and renovation of historic buildings for residential use in a downtown setting.