Real Estate/MUD Paralegal
Coats Rose, PC, is currently seeking candidates for a Real Estate/MUD Paralegal. Details are as follows:
Position Responsibilities may include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Assist attorneys with drafting, preparation, and filing of pertinent documents;
- Perform relevant legal research;
- Attend Municipal Utility District Board of Directors(“Board”) meetings and record minutes (sometimes during evening or lunch hours);
- Prepare agendas for Board meetings;
- Ensure proper legal procedures are followed at Board meetings;
- Stay up to date on relevant rules and legislation and inform Board of updates;
- Assist Board with insurance renewals;
- Prepare documents for annual tax exemptions and assess collection charges on delinquent accounts;
- Review annual financial report and file with appropriate agencies;
- Assist with annual setting of tax rate;
- Assist with annual operating budget of the District if needed;
- Keep track of filing requirements; and
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and paralegal certificate, or equivalent job-related experience required;
- At least one year of experience as a transactional real estate paralegal, preferably with experience in public finance;
- Excellent, organizational, communication, analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to work independently, plan and take initiative to accomplish objectives in a timely manner with minimum supervision;
- Must be a team player while effectively and efficiently using firm resources;
- This is a sedentary position and requires minimal standing, walking, stooping and movement or lifting of items up to 10 pounds;
- This job may require overtime, evening hours, and working through lunch to attend utility district meetings; and
- Reliable personal transportation for traveling to and from Board meetings.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference “”MUD Paralegal” in the subject line.