Coats Rose Directors Scott Marks and Barry Palmer worked on the application and secured a low income tax credit with the City of Houston to finance 166 affordable housing units.
- The Coats Rose team closed financing and managed to obtain LEED certification for the project by implementing energy saving operations during construction.
- Sakowitz is the first LEED certified affordable housing in the State of Texas.
- The property is convenient to downtown and METRO bus lines.
- It features a fully-furnished TV lounge, living/dining rooms, and library.
- A life skills training/business center and fully-equipped kitchen is available at the development. Residents can enjoy outdoor horseshoe pits and cooking facilities, movie nights and other community activities.